Terms And Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Trade
For ThermaDura ltd
1. The following words and phrases have these definitions:
Conditions: these general terms and conditions and any agreed variations there to confirmed in
writing by Thermadura to the Customer.
Customer/you: the person(s), firm or company who purchases or orders the Goods from Thermadura.
Delivery: the collection of Goods by you or one of your employees, contractors or agents from our
premises, unless we have agreed to deliver the goods for you, in which case delivery shall
mean the dispatch of the goods from our premises. If you indicate to us that you will fail or
refuse to take or accept the delivery, then the goods are deemed to be delivered when we
are willing to deliver them.
Goods: any items and services sold by Thermadura to the Customer.
Thermadura/we/us: GQP Ltd and Thermadura Ltd trading as ThermaDura.
Terms and Conditions of Trade means these Terms and Conditions of Trade, which refers to the agreed Specifications and is supplied with the Ministry of Business and Innovation & Employment Checklist for the direct supply of building services and goods.
2. You accept that these conditions shall apply to all legal relations between you and Thermadura to the exclusion of any other terms including any conditions, warranties or representations written or oral express or implied.
3. All specifications, drawings, quote and invoice descriptions issued by or on behalf of Thermadura are intended merely to give a general description of the Goods and no person reading them may rely on anything contained therein as being a representation of fact concerning the Goods or a warranty relating as to their condition or otherwise.
4. Quotes given by Thermadura are valid for 1 month from the date they are given. Any Quote issued by Thermadura is an invitation to you to place an order for goods and services at the quoted price. Thermadura reserves the right to increase the price of the Goods where such increase is due to any change/s requested and/or agreed by the Customer. The first quote and additional quotes are free of charge when an order is placed. If no order is placed then any work done by Thermadura beyond the first quote may be charged.
5. Anything not specifically included in the quote is excluded.
6. Your project may require council consent. It is your responsibility to contact your local council. Thermadura will supply all relevant information on request.
7. ThermaDura may, in its absolute discretion, vary these Terms and Conditions of Trade from time to time. The latest version of these Terms of and Conditions of Trade can be found at https://www.woodenwindow.co.nz/termsandconditions
8. Unless otherwise agreed, Goods must be collected from ThermaDura’s premises at 9 Gladstone Road Sth, Mosgiel. Dates specified by Thermadura for delivery of Goods are an estimate only. We will make every effort to honour specified delivery dates however sometimes the availability of materials is beyond our control and therefore cannot be essential to these Terms and Conditions of Trade. Thermadura shall not be liable for any loss, whether direct or consequential, economic or loss of profits or otherwise, arising directly or indirectly out of any delay in delivery of the Goods.
9. You are responsible to accept delivery. If you do not accept the delivery of the Goods at the arranged date, additional storage charges will be invoiced. If delivery has been arranged with Thermadura it is your responsibility to provide easy and safe access to the delivery point and to notify Thermadura in advance of any problems. All care will be taken to minimise damage during delivery and installation of the Goods, however Thermadura accepts no responsibility for any damage unless it is caused by the negligence of ThermaDura’s own personnel.
10. Upon delivery all Goods must be suitable stored immediately. Goods must be unloaded, handled and stored according to ThermaDura specifications.
11. Care must be taken during transit and storage to protect the goods from any pressure that can cause distortion, and from rubbing against each other. Goods must not have any contact with mud, plaster or cement.
Risk and Ownership of Goods:
12. Risk of damage to or loss of the Goods passes to you on delivery. You are deemed to have accepted the Goods upon completion of the installation work, or upon delivery or collection for a supply only sale.
13. Ownership in the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received cleared funds in full all sums owed to Thermadura. Nothing in this document shall prevent Thermadura from raising an action against the Customer for payment of the Goods. Until such time as ownership in the Goods passes to you, we are entitled, to require you to deliver up the Goods to Thermadura at any time. If you fail to do so, you authorise us to enter upon any premises of the Customer or any third party where the Goods are stored and repossess the Goods.
Terms of Payment
14. Payments dues are determined by the Quote and Specifications and must be paid in the following
manner unless stated otherwise in the quote:
a. A deposit of 10% is required to book a delivery date and to confirm the order.
b. A further deposit of 40% is required prior production of the goods.
c. A progress payment of a further 30% is required once the product is assembled in our factory (before paint product is applied).
d. The balance of money owed is due at completion and before delivery unless otherwise stated in the Quote and Specifications. If delivery or pickup is delayed by reasons not in the responsibility of ThermaDura Ltd full payment is due at completion. All goods must not be installed until fully paid by the Customer. Late payments may incur interest of 6% above the NZ 90 day bank bill rate for borrowing.
e. Late payments will cause production delays, ThermaDura reserves the right to stop production until payment has been made and charge out any cost (storage, admin, handling, etc.) to the customer
f. If not specified differently, payment is due within 5 days of receipt of invoice/invoice date (whichever is earlier).
15. All prices are for supply only. Delivery and installation is the responsibility of the Customer if not arranged with Thermadura. Payments over $5,000 must be made by bank cheque. Payments for installations must be made on a weekly- basis. All payments must be made without setoff or reduction. Thermadura may apportion payments to outstanding accounts of the Customer as it sees fit.
Cancelled or changed orders
16. Where an order is cancelled or changed Thermadura reserves the right to invoice all or part of the full price in accordance with the amount of work carried out on the order and costs incurred up to the time such cancellation is, or changes are, accepted by Thermadura in writing.
Additional Works & Installation, Adjustment
17. Any work additional to that specified in the Specification and Quote will be carried out on an hourly rate plus materials plus GST.
18. Travel costs (time, km and accommodation charges & expenses) must be paid by the Customer.
19. Improper installation, handling & maintenance by you or your agents, contractors or employees voids all warranties. Thermadura is not responsible for any damage caused by improper installation by a third party. All Goods are pre-fabricated. Any damage caused by a modification made to the Goods by an external installer is the responsibility of the Customer. All instructions provided by Thermadura must be read and understood by the installer, if you don’t understand please send an email or ring and discuss; we are here to help. All units are factory adjusted- the builder has to re-adjust the units after installation if needed. Thermadura charges $130 +GST per hour plus expenses and travel cost to fix issues that caused by improper installation or adjustments by you or your builder/agent/etc.
20. Nothing in these Terms binds ThermaDura to remedying a problem that was not caused by ThermaDura. We will try to help but if time constraints prevent our attendance you may need to get your own builder to attend the problem.
21. Movement in the timber is unlikely but may occur, this is usually caused by changes in the environment and or extreme levels of heat or moisture. Thermadura is not liable for timber movement but will attempt to rectify.
22. Finishing products may look slightly darker or lighter in some areas. In some rare cases resin can become visible (especially north- facing, darker colours or stains) through the paint. The appearance of resin is not a fault, and does not affect weather tightness.
23. If you live in a very harsh climate or if your home is north-facing, close to the sea, or has no protection then you may need to repaint at more regular intervals. This is not a fault in the product.
24. At the ThermaDura factory we adjust all goods for optimal performance. Any follow up adjustment required during/after installation must be done by the builder or customer. ThermaDura will provide instructions on how to adjust the goods. If a site visit from ThermaDura is wanted, Travel cost plus an hourly rate of $130 plus GSt will apply.
25. ThermaDura does not give a warranty for the finish. Where there are minor cracks or discoloration ThermaDura will supply touch up paint.
26. In specific environmental conditions glass panes can condensate on the outside- this is a naturally occurring phenomenon which is not a fault in the glass or window.
27. Timber windows (NatureLine- range) are glazed with silicone inside and out. The silicone has the purpose to make the units watertight. Thermadura does not supply a "degree of smoothness" for the silicone line- inaccuracies, particularly, but not only, in the corners, are not a product fault.
28. All blinds- internal or external- are supply only and have to be installed and programmed according to the installation instructions by the customer/builder. For motorized units a licensed electrician has to connect the units. ThermaDura offers a one year return to base warranty- units have to be send back by the customer to ThermaDura's office. Any cost to retrieve the blinds, scaffolding or similar are not part of the warranty. Damages caused by third parties (installation, handling, programming) or weather effects are not covered.
Measuring, sizes and hardware
29. ThermaDura supplies the conservatories, windows or doors according to the specifications which need to be confirmed by your builder/yourself by signing the ThermaDura order confirmation. Thermadura will provide clear drawings for you to check the sizes and will be pleased to advise you what to check for.
30. All provided CAD-drawings are to be used for over-all measurements only. Hardware placement is indicative only and not all hardware is being displayed. Hardware used is of our standard hardware specifications- later complaints about hardware functionality or placement will not be accepted. All doors which are specified as having a key lock are keyed- alike. If the customer is in doubt ThermaDura expects the customer or builder to clarify any questions before the order confirmation will be signed.
31. The customers, architects or builders are responsible to check the suitability of the hardware for their particular situation.All units are factory adjusted. It is up to the builder or customer to re- adjust them on site after installation. ThermaDura provides detailed adjustment instructions.
32. The customers, architects or builders need to enquire about the specific measurements for the hardware components which may not to be displayed on the provided CAD-drawings.
Customer guarantees act
33. The Customers Guarantee Act 1993 does not apply if Goods are acquired for purposes of a business. Thermadura are keen to comply with the requirements of the Customer Guarantees Act 1993 and the Fair Trading Act 1986.
34. These Terms and Conditions of Trade are governed by the laws of New Zealand. Place of jurisdiction is Dunedin, New Zealand.
Securing of doors (inward & outward opening)
35. You must secure all doors to protect against wind damage. Thermadura is not responsible for any damage caused by insufficiently secured doors.
36. The customer/builder has to make sure to protect the Goods during the building phase. Customer/builder needs to use protective coverings to prevent the marking of surfaces that are visible once the building is finished. The goods have to be protected from dust, dirt, paint or anything else that might cause marks ( including tradespeople). Dust and dirt can damage the surfaces of glass, paint, wood and metal. Any dust and dirt on the unit voids the warranty in relation to the surface. The customer/builder is responsible for removing the protective coverings and cleaning the units at the end of the build process.
37. ThermaDura can provide touch up paint, but will not attend to any damages caused by anyone other than ThermaDura. If the customer/builder is not able to fix the problem himself, ThermaDura offers to provide a quote to fix the damage.
38. Your personal information and contact details are only used for the purpose for which you supplied them, to facilitate a transaction with Thermadura. Your information will not be shared, sold or given to other parties, except where legislation requires.
Personal Properties Securities Act 1999 (PPSA)
39. The clauses titled Risk and Ownership of Goods vests a security interest in the Goods Thermadura supplies you for the benefit of Thermadura. You agree not to grant any other security interest or any lien over Goods that Thermadura has a security interest in.
40. At Thermadura’s request you shall promptly sign any document and do anything else required by Thermadura to ensure Thermadura’s security interest constitutes a first ranking preferred security interest in the Goods.
41. Thermadura may at any time enter the Customer’s premises and property to uplift Goods that Thermadura has a security interest in.
42. If Goods that Thermadura has a security interest in have been processed, included or dealt with in any way causing them to become accessions, processed or commingled Goods, then Thermadura’s security interest continues in the whole in which they are included. The Customer will not grant any other security interest or any lien in either the Goods or the whole.
43. The Customer waives any rights it may have under sections 114(1a), 116, 120, 121, 125, 126, 127, 131, 133, 134 of the PPSA and its right to receive a copy of any verification statement (as that term is defined in the PPSA).
44. The Customer shall give Thermadura prior written notice of any proposed change of name or address of the Customer.
45. The Terms and Conditions of Trade constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and no amendment or variation shall be of any force and effect unless expressed in writing and signed by both Thermadura and the Customer.
Thermadura Limited, since October 2013 Chris and Sandra Rampe
9 Gladstone Rd South, Mosgiel, Ph. (64) 03 489 7538 GST No 123-010-000